Our step-by-step SMS builder makes it so easy. You'll be guided through the process and there are handy explanations at the bottom of each screen to answer any questions you might have.
But just in case you need it, here's a step-by-step written guide.
1. Click on the Send SMS tab in Peptalkr
2. Click the Add New button
3. Give your SMS a descriptive name so you can recognise it in the dashboard (see above).
4. Select Automated recurring from the two options.
5. Select whether the SMS should only send to patients who have opted in to SMS marketing.
6. Select whether the SMS is to go to all patients in your database or a filtered segment of your patient database.
7. Select your filters from the options displayed. You can select multiple options per filter (so you can target multiple appointment categories, appointment types and practitioners at once)
8. Select whether this SMS is triggered before the patients next appointment, or after their last.
9. Specify how long before or after. If you chose 'after the patient last appointment' you'll also be able to tick a box to send the SMS only if the patient has no upcoming appointments (great for recalls).
10. Type in your SMS content and use the available variables if you'd like to insert dynamic values such as the patient's first name, their appointment start date and time or the appointment category.
Keep in mind that dynamic variables vary in length, and may make your SMS longer than the estimate. SMS messages over 160 characters will cost an extra credit.
9. Press finish to review a summary of your settings, and finally hit the send SMS button and your message will be on its way!
Can I see statistics for each of my automated recurring SMS?
Yep. From the Send SMS tab there is a table (see the screenshot at the top of this article) where you can see how many have been sent, and press the details icon to view a summary of every blast you've sent, and how many people it was sent to.
Can I edit my automated recurring SMS?
To edit an existing redcurring SMS, simply press the copy icon and adjust your settings. You can then pause or delete the old SMS. We do this so you always have a record of past automated-recurring SMS and how many were sent.
How do the custom variables work?
The variable data is specific to the last or next appointment that triggered the SMS. For example if you chose to trigger the SMS after their last appointment, then the variables will contain the data for that past appointment. If you chose to trigger the SMS before their next appointment, the variables will contain the data for that upcoming appointment.
Use the 'category' and 'type' filter to narrow the appointments down further if you want to be super specific with your messages.
[patient]will display the full name of the patient including title.
[patientfirstname]will display the first name only.
[patientfirstname]will display the last name only.
[appointmenttype]will display the appointment type set up in Cliniko such as 'Initial Consultation'.
[appointmentcategory]will display the appointment category set up in Cliniko such as 'Chiropractic' - if no category is set up, nothing will display.
[practitioner]will display the full name of the practitioner for the appointment.
[practitionerfirstname]as above, but the practitioner's first name only.
[appointmentstart]the date and time of the appoinment in the following format: Friday, 24 May 10:45am
[business]will display the name of the clinic the appointment was booked at.